Important Note About Formatting Photo Safe II
For Windows OS:
Please note that the Photo Safe II hard drive has to be formatted in FAT32 format for the card copy function to work. Here are the instructions on how to use a software called FAT32 Formatter to re-format the Photo Safe II hard drive in FAT32:
- Download the software at: http://tokiwa.qee.jp/EN/Fat32Formatter/.
- Make sure that your Photo Safe II is connected to your computer with the AC power adapter connected to your Photo Safe II.
- Run the FAT32Formatter program. If your computer requires, use the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- In the drop down list box at the top, select ‘SH-Tech PST Drive 0V3.2 USB Device’. Confirm that the capacity in the rectangular box is a little less, but close to the total capacity of your Photo Safe II model.
- Select the rectangular box under the drop down list box and it should turn green.
- Select ‘Delete partition’ and confirm.
- Select the rectangular box again.
- In the box under ‘Volume’ type in ‘HARDDISK’.
- Check the ‘Quick Format’ option.
- Click on ‘Start’.
- Confirm the completion message and close program.
- Disconnect your Photo Safe II and reconnect your Photo Safe II.
For Mac OS:
Please note that the Photo Safe II hard drive has to be formatted in MS-DOS format for the card copy function to work. Here are the instructions on how to re-format the Photo Safe II hard drive in MS-DOS:
- Connect Photo Safe II to your Mac with the USB cable. Please make sure you have AC power plugged in.
- On Mac, select Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Double-click to open the Disk Utility application.
- In Disk Utility, select the appropriate drive for Photo Safe II, and click on the Partition tab.
- From the Volume Scheme pop-up menu, choose the number of partitions you'd like to create.
- Click each partition and type a name* for it, choose a format**, and type a size. You can also drag the divider between the partitions to change their sizes.
*This is the name that will show up under the drive icon on your desktop.
**For memory card copy function to work, you must format the drive in MS-DOS File System.
- Click on the Partition Button in the lower right corner of the window.
- The created drives should now appear in the list of disks and volumes. You will also see the volumes in the sidebar of Finders window.