Shopping Cart0 item(s) - $0.00
Picture Porter 35
Picture Porter 35 at a glance:
- 500GB portable photo manager for backing up, viewing, and organizing your photos
- Perfect for consumers, professional photographers while traveling, on vacation, or on photo shoots
- Directly copy from SD, SDHC, MS, MS Duo and copy from UDMA CF cards with additional card reader
- USB host function allows direct connection to USB drives, camcorders, and external hard drives
- Supports RAW image viewing from DSLRs
- PC & Mac compatible
Store, View & Manage Digital Photos Anywhere You Go
Perfect for consumers, professional photographers while traveling, on vacation, or on photo shoots, Picture Porter 35 lets you instantly and securely store and view digital photos, music and video on its hard drive wherever you go. It is a portable photo manager featuring a 3.5-inch color LCD screen for easy viewing; large built-in 500GB hard drive; and a multi-format memory card reader; and fast copy speeds of 1GB of data under 90 seconds.
Picture Porter 35 gives you the photo management features you need to eliminate bringing a computer on the road, makes it easy to sort through and organize newly acquired photos on the spot, and provides a great way to carry your entire photo collection to show and share whenever you need.
Directly Copy from SD, SDHC, MS
With Picture Porter 35, you can instantly back up your precious pictures so you can keep snapping away. Simply insert the memory card from your digital camera into Picture Porter 35 and download images into its built-in hard drive. You can copy and archive photos directly from memory cards, without the need for lugging around a heavy laptop. With its large LCD display, you can clearly inspect the photos before deciding which are keepers and which to need to be re-shot.
Picture Porter 35 works with all popular media card formats, including SD, SDHC, Memory Stick, MS PRO, MS Duo, and CF (not including UDMA CF, see below). You can also easily make yourself copies of photos taken from friend's and family member's digital cameras for instant archival of special picture moments. Please note that SDXC cards are not supported.
How to Back Up UDMA Compact Flash Cards
Note that high-speed UDMA CF cards are not supported directly through the CF card slot. Typically, cards rated as 200x or 30MB/s or higher will not be compatible. These UDMA CF cards can be copied through a card reader using the USB connection.
The image here shows the method of connection to the Picture Porter 35:
1. Connect the included small USB-OTG cable to Picture Porter 35.
2. Insert the UDMA CF card to the memory card reader (not included).
3. Connect the small end of the included standard USB cable to the memory card reader, and the big end of the Standard USB cable to the open end of the USB-OTG cable.
With this setup, your high-speed CF card will appear on the Picture Porter 35 as the USB icon. And you can easily back up your UDMA CF card this way.
Incremental Backup Convenience
Picture Porter 35 features an incremental backup feature that allows you to save new photos to an existing folder in the Backup Directory. This makes backing up photos even more convenient and improves the photo management features for professional photographers and vacationers alike.
DSLR Support for Pro and Travel Photography
Picture Porter 35 supports RAW image viewing with zoom, EXIF, and histogram data to let you examine photos in great detail from a wide selection of DSLRs including a variety of Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Olympus, Sony, Pentax, Panasonic models. Click here to view the current list of the supported camera models.
In addition, with the new IPTC support, users can also view IPTC metadata, such as headline, copyright owner, and comments embedded in the photos.
USB-Host Function For Connecting to External Hard Drives, USB Flash Drives, and CamcordersThe USB-Host function lets you connect USB devices like USB Flash Drives, flash memory based camcorders, hard drive based camcorders, and external hard drives to Picture Porter 35. This provides a convenient and inexpensive method for making a secondary backup of critical photos.
In a simple two-step process, you can easily back up the photos on your memory card to Picture Porter 35 and then connect an external hard drive to Picture Porter 35 to make a second backup. In general, most external USB hard drives are compatible with the Picture Porter 35 as long as the hard drive is able to be powered through the USB connection with the Picture Porter 35 and that the hard drive is formatted in the FAT32 file system (in Windows) or MS-DOS file system (in Mac).
In addition, you can connect Picture Porter 35 to the internal flash memory of your digital camcorder and copy your recordings to free up the internal memory for more videos. Both the standard USB cable and a USB-OTG cable you need for this setup are included with your Picture Porter 35.
Advanced File Management Features
Picture Porter 35 gives photographers file management features that eliminate the need altogether for a PC while on the road. You can make selections, copy, rename, delete files, sort files by name or date, and create new folders. This allows photographers to sort through and organize newly acquired photos while riding back in the car or plane or at any convenient opportunity.
Picture Porter 35 becomes an integral part of your workflow. When you have free time during a shoot, whether on the plane or in a long taxi ride, use the Export feature to make a copy of your selected photos to the Export folder. After returning to your computer, copy the Backup folder contents (originals) to your data storage archive and copy the Export folder contents (selection for editing) to your working directly.
PhotoMemo Recording and Playback
User-removable and Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
Picture Porter 35's battery life is approximately 3 hours for memory card copy (or 4 hours for continuous video playback). The battery compartment is easy to access when you need to remove and replace the Li-Ion battery. You can recharge the Li-Ion battery by connecting Picture Porter 35 to the included external AC power adapter, or to the computer USB port. There is also a car adapter available separately, if you want to recharge the battery in your vehicle.
If you are looking to extend the battery power of Picture Porter 35 without access to wall outlet, take a look at Battery Porter 8000 or Battery Porter 5200, which are external battery packs that provide additional power to the Picture Porter 35. If you are looking for a device to recharge the Picture Porter 35 battery outside the device, take a look at the Universal Battery Charger.
Doubles as an External Hard Drive
Picture Porter 35 is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS with no driver required. Simply connect Picture Porter 35 II to your computer through USB connection to access your saved photos and videos.
When the Picture Porter 35 is connected to the computer, the computer will recognize it as an USB Mass Storage Device. The computer will map the hard drive and allow you to access it just like any other storage device on your computer. With its 500GB capacity, you can use Picture Porter 35 like an external hard drive.
Please note that if you ever need to reformat the Picture Porter 35 hard drive, it needs to be formatted in FAT32 format (in Windows) or MS-DOS format (in Mac) for the card copy function to work. When the Picture Porter 35 hard drive is formatted in a file format other than FAT32, it will work as an external hard drive when connected to your computer, but the stand-alone card copying feature will not work.
- One-touch operation and built-in card slots for instant photo backup directly from your digital camera memory card without the need of a computer
- 3.5" Color LCD screen for viewing photos and video
- Built-in card slots for instant photo backup from memory cards
- Memory card support for SD, SDHC, Memory Stick, MS PRO, MS Duo, CF (UDMA CF required card reader)
- RAW image viewing (zoom, EXIF, histogram) from DSLRs - View supported RAW format
- Fast copy speed - 1 GB in under 90 seconds
- Bi-directional data transfer that allows direct transfer to and from memory cards
- Incremental backup option lets you append new photos to an existing folder in the Backup Directory
- Digital audio recorder with built-in mic
- Image, music and video support: Image format support for JPEG, Tiff, BMP, GIF, RAW / Music format support for MP3, WMA, AAC / Video format support for MPEG-1, MPEG-4 SP, MJPEG
- USB 2.0 for fast uploads and downloads to and from your computer
- Supports IPTC information viewing
- Advanced file management features: multi-select, copy, rename, delete files, sort by name/date, and create new folders
- Create and edit playlists directly on device
- USB-host function: connect to USB devices such as USB flash drives, flash memory based camcorders, hard drive based camcorders, and external hard drives
- Removable Li-Ion battery rechargeable via USB or AC
- Audio & video player with built-in speaker & earphone jack
- Compatible with both Windows OS and Mac OS and functions as external hard drive when connected; no driver required
- Dimensions: 5.4" (L) x 3.8" (W) x 1.2" (H)
- Weight: 14 oz. (with hard drive and battery)
What's in the Box
- Picture Porter 35
- AC power adapter
- USB cable (to computer)
- USB-OTG cable (to USB Mass Storage Device)
- User-replaceable rechargeable Polymer Li-Ion battery
- Wrist strap
- RCA cable for audio/video output
- Custom carrying case
- User's Guide
- Quick Start Guide
|Display||3.5" color TFT LCD screen|
|Copy Speed||Up to 7.6 MB/s (copies 1GB in under 1.5 minutes)|
|Memory cards supported||CF*, SD, SDHC Card (does not support SDXC card), MS PRO, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo (*Support UDMA CF via Card Reader)|
|Copy status indicator||percentage completed, copy confirmation, copy speed, number of files copied, copy verification|
|Photo viewing options||Zoom, pan, rotate, thumbnail view, EXIF & histogram display, photo slideshow with IPTC comments display, random sequence option|
|Computer interface||USB 2.0|
|File management features||Copy, delete multiple files or folders, rename files/folders, create new folders|
|Playlist management||Create, edit, rename, change playback sequence|
|USB device interface||USB Host (to USB devices such as USB flash drives, flash memory based camcorders, hard drive based camcorders, and external hard drives)|
|Music/video format support||Music: MP3; WMA 7, 8, 9; AAC / Video: MPEG-4 SP (.mpg4) - (640x480 @ 30fps); MPEG-1 (.mpg) - (640X480 @ 30fps); MJPEG (.avi/.mov) - (640x480 @ 30fps)|
|Use as portable hard drive to back up computer data||Yes|
|Battery life||4 hours of video 3 hours of memory card copy|
|Power input||100-240V AC to 5V/2A DC|
|OS compatibility||Windows OS & Macintosh OS|
|File system||FAT 32|